MANCOSA Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting Requirements
MANCOSA Bcom Accounting Requirements; See details on MANCOSA Bcom Accounting Requirements
The Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting is a three-year undergraduate degree programme that equips students to enter a range of professional careers in the exciting field of accounting. The programme aims at developing a student’s intellectual ability and provides skills for the recording and processing of financial information within an accounting framework.
- Display the necessary knowledge and skills, attitudes and applied competence to enable them to demonstrate administrative proficiency
- Display knowledge of management in general
- Apply skills of rational judgment and planning
- Recognise and appreciate changes within organizations
- Make appropriate use of information technology
- Analyse and solve operational problems
- Display skills for the recording and processing of financial information within an accounting framework
- Display ethical behaviour in a corporate management context
- Develop the functional competence of a graduate to proceed to middle management level within an accounting (auditing/tax) environment
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
- A Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or Diploma.