MANCOSA Business Administration Requirements
MANCOSA Business Administration Requirements; See details on MANCOSA Business Administration Requirements
The Bachelor of Business Administration is a three-year undergraduate degree programme that equips students with an understanding of business and management environments. The programme aims at developing a student’s intellectual ability, executive personality, and managerial skills through an appropriate blend of business and general education.
Students are able to understand and develop unique leadership qualities required to successfully manage a business. The Business Administration course programme is also designed to produce up-to-date, assertive and effective executives for business and other organisations and prepares students for further studies. The programme covers a variety of business and management principles.
Upon successful completion of the Business Administration course programme, the student should be able to:
- Identify, analyse, formulate, and serve the needs of individuals and society creatively and innovatively.
- Work effectively both on own initiatives and with others as a member of a team, group, organisation, community, and contribute to the group output in tasks growing out of the business, commerce and management fields.
- Manage and organise his or her activities and live responsibly and effectively, including his or her studies within the distance context.
- Collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information, as required in the pursuit of the BBA.
- Communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and/or language skills in the modes of oral and/or written presentation in often extensive pieces of sustained discourse.
- Utilise science and technology effectively and critically showing responsibility towards the environment and health and well-being of others, in the community, national and global contexts.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the functional areas of business.
- Apply management principles in a work-based context.
- Anticipate and analyse trends in the business environment.
- Integrate theory and application from various functional areas in an interdisciplinary approach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation, and by acknowledging their responsibilities to those in the local and broader community.
Duration: 3 years
- Introduction to Business Management
- Economics 1A
- End User Computing
- Business Mathematics
- Introduction to Functional Areas of Management
- Economics 1B
- Business Communication
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Organisational Leadership
- Fundamentals of Human Reseource Management
- Management Accounting
- Business and Society
- Entrepreneurship and Small Businesses
- Information Systems
- Business Statistics
- Ethics and Conflict
- Organisational Diversity
- Financial Planning and Control
- Global Business and Strategy
- Project Management
- Operational Management for Sustainability
- Business Environment and Ethics
- Strategic Management Practices
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
- A Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or Diploma.