MANCOSA Business Management Requirements And Course Detail
MANCOSA Business Management Requirements; See details on MANCOSA Business Management Requirements
The Bachelor of Commerce in Financial Management is a specialised undergraduate degree programme that prepares students for the management of monetary resources in an organisation. This programme is primarily aimed at developing financial and managerial skills, to equip students to meet the demand for specialists and leaders in the financial sector.
A student attaining the Bachelor of Commerce in Financial Management degree will be able to:
- Obtain and assimilate knowledge appropriate to the practice of financial management in any organisation.
- Obtain professional and technical skills required in financial management.
- Evaluate financial and accounting concepts and principles and their application in solutions to practical finance problems.
- Prepare financial statements of entities, including groups of companies, using relevant financial information, accounting techniques and standards; and to analyse and interpret such financial statements.
- Use relevant financial techniques with cost information, for planning, decision-making, performance evaluation and control, within different business settings.
- Apply financial management techniques to issues affecting investment, financing, and dividend policy decisions of an organisation.
- Understand the general legal framework, and apply specific legal principles relating to business, including taxation legislation as applicable to individuals, single companies and groups of companies.
- Explain the process of carrying out the assurance (audit) engagement and its application in the context of the professional (audit) regulatory framework.
- Describe the organisational context of the financial manager and of the development of financial systems; to understand the need for the efficient use of resources within an organisation.
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
- A Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or Diploma.