MANCOSA Human Resource Management Requirements
MANCOSA Human Resource Management; See details on MANCOSA Human Resource Management
The Human Resource Management distance learning degree is an undergraduate programme that prepares students for managerial roles that contribute to their organisations’ performance. The goal of the human resources management degree is to prepare human resource professionals to deal with the complexities and challenges of managing today’s workforce.
The Human Resource Management course content is designed to provide a comprehensive coverage of the major human resource responsibilities, while addressing strategic and operational aspects. The modules involve both practical and theoretical considerations in the professional development of men and women in the field of human resources in such settings as business, industry, institutions, government and non-profit organisations.
Upon successful completion of the Human Resource Management degree, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions and act appropriately through an understanding of organisational structure, systems and relevant policies in human resource management practice;
- Apply various methods and systems in the development of human resource strategies and plans;
- Evaluate, select and apply appropriate methods, procedures or techniques when effecting human resource management functions;
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and communicate ideas and opinions in well-formed arguments using appropriate academic and professional discourse when engaged in human resources management contexts;
- Demonstrate the ability to manage processes and take accountability in a variety of contexts relating to the management of human resources;
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions and act ethically and professionally; and
- Contribute to improving organisational culture and climate.
- The minimum entry requirement is the National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational with appropriate subject combinations and levels of achievement; or
- An equivalent NQF level 4 qualification with proven proficiency in English; or
- A Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or Diploma.