MANCOSA PGCE Application 2022/2023
MANCOSA PGCE Application; See details on MANCOSA PGCE Application 2022/2023
This PGCE qualification aims to develop innovative teachers who will meet the needs of a new generation of students. The key to taking South Africa forward lies in educating the nation for tomorrow
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of theories and principles that inform teaching and learning;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the diverse context in which teaching and learning takes place within the South African school system;
- Develop and understanding of a learner-centred pedagogy to meet the diverse learner needs and contextual variations of the country;
- Demonstrate their ability to plan lessons for teaching incorporating the use of teaching and learning technologies to facilitate effective learning;
- Be familiar with the prevailing school and curriculum policies that inform teaching practices;
- Be able to demonstrate the skills in teaching of the specialisation subjects taking cognisance of the teaching context, educational infrastructure and school resources across the diverse schooling context that is prevalent within South African communities;
- Be able to communicate effectively in class through the medium of English;
- Be able to converse with learners in one of the indigenous African languages.
The minimum admission requirement is an approved bachelor’s degree.
The degree should include sufficient disciplinary knowledge in an area of teaching (Further Education and Training Teaching) specialisation.
Where a student does not have the requisite subject content knowledge, s/he would be required to undertake such modules at the required level before admission into the Postgraduate Certificate in Education.